Protecting you and your Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz keys play a major role in protecting against theft thanks to advances in mechanical and electronic security.
Despite the complex technology inside our keys, we have ensured that ordering a key is fast so you can get back behind the wheel as soon as possible. In most instances, our key ordering process enables us to order a replacement key for next day delivery. This applies to dealerships Australia-wide.
If you wish to order an additional or replacement key, please contact us.
Theft Relevant Parts and Vehicle Keys
Theft Relevant Parts include items such as keys, locks and various control units that communicate with keys that allow the vehicle to be unlocked and mobilised. By definition Theft Relevant Parts are all items that could potentially be used to steal a vehicle or give a stolen vehicle an unsuspicious identity.
The key to your security.
At Mercedes-Benz, we engineer our vehicles to adhere to the most uncompromising security standards — so why would we settle for less when it comes to protecting our drivers? Actually, we don’t.
Our scrutiny is your peace of mind.
Only the owner, or someone authorised by the owner can order a Theft Relevant Part from us. In order to do so, we will require proof of identity and vehicle ownership with original documents, including the following:
Evidence to verify the registered owner:
• Original and current Registration document showing the registered owner’s name, correct VIN and owner’s address.
• Original and current photographic ID of the registered owner (i.e. driver’s licence or passport) which matches the owner’s name and address on the registration document.
Evidence to verify the authorised representative:
• Original signed letter of authorisation from the registered owner. A letter of authorisation must list at least, (last name, first name, address, date, purpose, VIN and signature of the registered owner; last name and first name of the authorised representative, including contact details of both parties). This authorisation must authorise the representative to order and receive the replacement or additional key for a particular VIN. The date of this document must be consistent with the period during which the order is placed.
• Original and current vehicle registration document. Our scrutiny is your peace of mind.
• Original and current photographic ID (i.e. driver’s licence or passport) of the authorised representative stated in the letter of authorisation showing the correct name and address.
• A copy of the vehicle owner’s current photo identification i.e. driver’s licence / passport.
When the order is placed by an authorised representative of the owner who has the vehicle registered under a company name or lease company, the following must be presented:
• Original signed letter from the fleet / company car representative responsible for the vehicle on company letterhead. A letter of authorisation must list at least, (last name, first name, address, date, purpose, VIN and signature of the registered owner; last name and first name of the authorised representative, including contact details of both parties). (This document must authorise the representative to order and receive the replacement / additional key for a particular VIN; the date of this document must be consistent with the period during which the order is placed.)
• Original and current photographic ID (i.e. driver’s licence or passport) of the authorised representative stated in the letter of authorisation showing the correct name and address
.• A copy of the fleet / company car representative current photo identification, i.e. driver’s licence / passport.
Why is it necessary?
While the information requirements to order these various parts can seem excessive, it’s important to remember our stringent identification checks serve to protect you and your vehicle. Would you hand your keys over to a thief? Neither would we.
Lost your key?
In the unfortunate event of losing your keys, especially if you suspect they have been stolen, it is important to contact us as soon as possible to arrange to have the missing key(s) disabled and prevent the possibility of vehicle theft using the missing key(s).
Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacifc Pty Ltd. 44 Lexia Place, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170 and Mercedes-Benz are registered trademarks of Daimler AG, Stuttgart, Germany.